Monday, September 16, 2019

Memory Box Framed Card MB Challenge 53

I love an octagonal frame but can't find a die to make one, so that's when you take the "Studio Octagon Layers" and make your own. I used washi tape to hold the shapes together and ran it through the Big Shot 4 times just to make a raised frame, each time making a pencil mark on the back so I would know which end was up. That way when you glue them together you're sure they match exactly. I pressed the frame into Versamark ink and sprinkled embossing powder over it and heat set it, so it would shine.

I took one of the octagon shapes and taped Memory Box "Country Landscape" on it, ran it through the die cut. This should fit into the frame exactly. I stamped "wishing you peace" on a small piece of paper and popped it with Scotch foam mounting tape. The sentiment is from Hero Arts "Color Layering Koi" stamp set.

I love to make a bunch of these alcohol ink backgrounds on Yupo paper and keep them on hand. This is a few shades of blue, I then take a felt stamper and put a few dots of Alcohol Blending Solution on the felt and just randomly stamp all over the yupo paper. I also put a few dots of glue down and poured some glitter on it to look like snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment