Saturday, September 21, 2019

My Favorite Things Pop Up Garden Box

I love interactive cards I can make without dies, just a ruler, glue and cutting tools. I watched a tutorial on making a birthday gift pop up card.Once I understood how to assemble it, I decided to change the gift into a small garden scene. The original tutorial is on Mixedupcraft.com called "Pop up Birthday Present Card" it is an excellent tutorial. So I recommend you watch it. I made several changes to the box. Her box/pop up element is a piece of cardstock measuring 7 x 4.5". Mine is shorter at 7 x 3.5" in white.
This rectangle is scored on the 7" side at 3.5" for to fold in half. On the shorter side score at 1/2". Cut a triangle out in the middle of the short fold.
I cut fence slats and points evenly across. I attached a vertical strip that is 7" x  .5" under the points.
I added a piece of green cardstock behind the fence. It's cut slightly smaller than the fence. I then added horizontal strips in back to attach the greenery to.

I then attached the fence to the card and the printed paper. I die cut several more flowers, leaves and a bird to the garden scene. For the front I die cut a white stitched square and attached more of the flowers and leaves to the square. I cut "Best Wishes" 3x and stacked them onto the card.

I used plain cardstock, MFT "Party Patterns" designer paper, The flowers, leaves and bird are from the "Birds of a Feather Die-namics. The sentiment is MFT "Best Wishes" Die-namics and the white square on the front is from "Stitched Square Stax Die-namics"

If you'd like to see an instagram video of the card in action, please visit Susanbcards on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment