Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Retro Oven with a Retro Recipe

This "Retro Oven" by Tim Holtz/Sizzix is right up my alley. I like to bake and I know so many memories are wrapped up in baking with family. My sisters and I used to get together and make all different types of cookies at Christmastime and package them up and bring them to work or give them to friends. At some point we just went to one type of cookie and our kids would get together and help make the cookies.

This retro oven is cut from Distress Heavystock Mixed Media Paper, my favorite for spraying and inking. I wanted the old Avocado Green appliance, I'm pretty sure we had when I was little. I used my current favorite colors, Peeled Paint and Crush Olive Distress Spray Stain. I just sprayed and misted with water to get this speckled, uneven look. 

The cute cookie shapes are included in the set, I just cut those from scraps. The wallpaper is also a random printed paper scrap, always happy to use up the scraps! "Baked with love" is a sentiment from a Lawn Fawn set with the same name. Isn't the font cute?

I added some stitching on the bottom, just something new I'm trying with my old, barely used sewing machine. My stitching isn't the greatest, but I'm trying!

I have an old cookbook of my MIL's, the book is old and the pages are falling out. One page had this PB cookie recipe, underlined and starred in red. I remember my FIL loved PB cookies, so I thought maybe she marked it. I cut it out and attached it to the back of this tag so it wouldn't get lost. We have peanut allergies in my family, so I don't make PB cookies but it's still a nice reminder of people.

I originally posted this tag on Instagram @susanbcards but my photo was taken before I added the stitching. I wanted to enter the SSS Monday Challenge which is "Stitch It". I thought the zig zag stitch added a nice retro feel, so I added it and forgot to take an updated photo and posted an old photo.

Have a good day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment