Monday, June 20, 2022

Momenta Layered Icons & Frames Slimline Card


I used 2 sets to make this slimline card. The first is the "Layered Icons & Frames Slimline" die set. This set is a great value, the main piece is this 3-window slimline die, I also used the slimline stitched rectangle, which is shown in the photo above under the windows.Used together they make an elegant focal point. There are a total of 17 pieces in this set, a great value under $20 at Hobby Lobby. The other 15 pieces are squares, circles, etc. Great basics on their own that also fit inside the windows. Here is a photo of some of the other dies, (I didn't take a photo of the 2 circle dies.)


The 2nd set I used is the Momenta "Floral Stems Layered Dies" There are 13 pieces in this set, flowers and stems/leaves. I diecut the leaves and placed these first.
 You can make some lovely bouquets with this set. I cut the flowers from scrap pieces of inked paper. I always save the little scraps, it makes it easier to create a card. 
A tip: using inked paper adds color variation to your diecuts, which looks more interesting than solid cardstock. I sometimes use solid colored cardstock but if I want to kick it up a notch use inked paper. You can see I inked the aqua background paper, too.

I think the 3-window die makes a special card and is a great basic die. You could just put a sentiment one of the windows rather than a diecut, too.

Another idea is to use the same diecut in each of the 3 windows, just change the color, for example a blue butterfly, a yellow butterfly and a pink butterfly.




 
That's all for now, I hope you like my card! I'm on Instagram @susanbcards where I post several times a week.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment