Thursday, November 10, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Holiday Sparkle Release!


The new Simon Says Stamp "Holiday Sparkle" release includes the lovely Christmas Star background stamp. I was sent the lovely stamp and asked to create something, so of course I had to create 3 projects. 

The first project is a 8x8" frame, a bargain I bought on clearance at Michaels for FIVE DOLLARS! It's actually a floating frame, the photo and mat are held in place by 2 pieces of glass. For the photo above, I filled the entire frame but I'm going to cut it down to 6"x6", leaving an inch glass border. In person it looks better that way but for the photo it just didn't look good to be able to see through it. Anyway, to take the 6"x6" Christmas Star stamp and make it fill 8"x8" I stamped the center then stamped around the border again. I used gold metallic cardstock and silver pigment ink by Delicata. You can use embossing ink but I like to see the where the ink is stamped in case I miss areas. I then poured silver embossing powder over it.

The 'Joyful' is also from Simon Says Stamp, it's an older shadow die, still available on their website. I used silver cardstock for the shadow and the same gold cardstock for the word.

The deer and trees are Tim Holtz Idea-ology, I used acrylic paint for the deer and the base of the trees. I think it looks good to add some of the background color to the pieces, to pull it all together. The trees are sprayed with Distress Spray Stain in Peeled Paint, then lightly dipped into Distress Collage Medium and sprinkled with Rock Candy.

That's it! More projects to come!

Here's a link to the new release:

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/category/shop-simon-releases-holiday-sparkle



Thanks for looking!


Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment