Friday, September 1, 2023

Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember!

 



It's September and if you follow Simon Says Stamp, that means it's STAMPtember! I have the "Happy Hauntings" stamp set. It's this cute little dragon with all the perfect sentiments for Halloween cards or tags! I made these 2 tags and on the back I added a cardstock pocket to hold my favorite Halloween treat, The marshmallow flavored, Witch's Brew KitKat.

I've had these tags for over 5 years. I think back then I had the idea that I'd make all my Christmas tags. Oh well, they came in handy for this project. The tags are 2" x 4.25", The candy fits perfectly on the back of the tag. I measured depth of the candy (3/8"), the width of the candy (1 3/8"). I didn't bother with the height since the pocket doesn't cover the entire height of the candy.

I also left 1/4" tab on each side of the pocket to glue to the tag. So to make a tag, you need:

Tab 1/4" + candy depth 3/8" + width of candy 1 3/8" +candy depth 3/8" + tab 1/4". So I needed a piece of paper 2 5/8" wide. I just decided the paper should cover only part of the candy bar, showing the witch's face, so I used 
2 3/8" tall.

The cardstock needs to be 2 3/8' x 2 5/8". 
Score on the 2 5/8" side at:
1/4", 5/8", 2", 2 3/8".

Turn the cardstock and on the 2 3/8" side score at 3/8" (This is the bottom).


Fold on all score lines. On the bottom, cut off the outer square on the right and left. Fold this bottom score line up, glue the 2 outer corners that remain onto the right and left folds. It will for the bottom of the box. Attach the right and left edges to the tag with glue. I folded these up and attached them, I thought it would be easier to fit the candy in the pocket this way.







On September 2, there will be a hop that I will be a part of, some special codes for GWP, come back here or visit my IG @Susanbcards for details!

Happy Stamptember!


No comments:

Post a Comment