Saturday, April 27, 2024

Pinkfresh Studio Cherry Blossom

 




I purchased the Pinkfresh Studio Cherry Blossom dieset recently. It's been sitting on my desk waiting it's turn. Isn't funny how I HAVE to have a new product yet once it arrives, it can sit for weeks or months just waiting to be used. I wonder what that is called. Not buyer's remorse because I'm happy to have it. Quick to order, slow to use syndrome.

I saw the monthly Pinkfresh Challenge post and decided the colors would work for this beautiful dieset. It's only 2 pieces, the branch is one piece and the flowers and leaves are on a second piece. For the leaves I used some green inked Distress Mixed Media Heavystock (Distress inks in Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and Pine Needles). The flowers are cut from scraps of water color paper that I had quick water colored for another card. It's Altenew Watercolors on paper. The yellow centers are cut from regular yellow cardstock scraps as is the sun.

I cut 2 complete sets of the branches and placed them on the panel and cut off the excess. I popped up some of the flowers with foam dots. I like the dimension it gives.

I thought about adding some gems but decided in the end to keep the focus on the beautiful cherry blossom.








Here's a photo of the challenge, the colors are shown below


https://www.pinkfreshstudio.com/blogs/card-making-challenges/april-2024-challenge




No comments:

Post a Comment