Friday, September 6, 2024

Spellbinders September 2024 Stitching Die of the Month

 


Hello Fall! I'm excited to see all the lovely fall colors in cards. This is the September Stitching Die of the Month for Spellbinders. If you're not familiar with the Spellbinders Clubs, learn more HERE.

This is a big die. I decided a big die needed a big card, so I made a 5x7" card and placed 2 of the sunflowers on it. I did minimal stitching here, just the top layer has stitching on both flower. That's what makes the Stitching die so versatile. There's solid dies included with a stitcheable die that is inserted into the outiline die. 

With my card above, you can see there's the solid die behind the stitched die. You could easily make the whole thing solid and have a great looking sunflower. There are stitching dies included for the leaves and the center of the flower, but I decided to just stitch the petals. This took me no time to make, I stitched while I watched "The Perfect Couple" on Netflix.

I diecut all the pieces first and lightly inked the edges with Distress ink. It added a bit of interest and dimension.  I used Mustard Seed on the flower and Forest Moss on the leaves. I diecut 1 extra layer for each flower and glued it together, just to make it sturdy. 

For the flower in the forefront, I glued the solid layer directly on the card front. Then I used pop dots to pop up the stitched flower. I think that makes a big difference but certainly not necessary.

I should tell a bit about the blue background. I took a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock and cut it to 5x7".  I used the textured side of the paper, which I rarely do, but I like it for a background, adds a bit of interest. I misted the paper, put some Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigments on my craft mat and pulled the paper through, dried it, then dipped it again, dried it, just to get some pretty layers.

After it was dry, I put a heavy book on it to flatten it out. The pretty dew drops are no longer available, they were from Studio Katia, which I think is no longer in business.

That's it for today here's the Supply List with clickable links. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. Thank you for letting me know my work here is useful.

SUPPLIES:

                                    September Stitching DOM

----  https://tinyurl.com/2rff66vy  [Spellbinders]

Distress Watercolor Cardstock

----  http://shrsl.com/4o1lp  [Scrapbookcom]
----  http://shrsl.com/4o1lv  [SSS]

Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigments
(I used Dorothy, Green, Violet and Blue)

----  http://shrsl.com/4o1m6  [Scrapbookcom]
----  http://shrsl.com/4o1m1  [SSS]

Affiliate Stores with clickable images:






Thanks so much for visiting! I can also be found on
Instagram @Susanbcards






No comments:

Post a Comment