Saturday, June 29, 2019

Flowers in a Planter Box


For Valentine's Day I made a folding mailbox with love letters popping out of it. When I saw a wooden planter with flowers popping out of it on Pinterest, I knew I could use the mailbox as a pattern.

I used a piece of kraft cardstock, cut to 3.5" x 10.5"
Score on the longside at 2.5", 5", 7.5", and 10".

For the box inserts, (2) pieces of cardstock cut to 3/4" x 3.5"
Score on the longside at 1/2" and 3"
Fold at each score line.

I took a mini cube of Distress ink in Ground Espresso and dragged it over the kraft cardstock, at some points pulling it back to make it look like woodgrain.
I used a ruler to add lines (every 1/2 inch) with a marker to make it look like wood planks.


I then took a rectangle die and taped it to the bottom of the paper to make "legs". I ran it through on each side and at the top. See 1st photo. After diecutting, I applied glue to the 1/2" tab to form the box.

I then cut various leaves and flowers using Sizzix/Tim Holtz "Garden Greens" and Funky Floral #3. I stamped and fussy cut a small butterfly. I glued all these pieces onto the Box Insert pieces and attached to the inside of the box.
This box fits into an envelope!
I hope this explanation is clear...I'm new to this. Leave a message for me if you try it! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment