Sunday, June 16, 2019

Gerbera Daisy Card

I bought this Simon Says Stamp background stamp and really use it as a focal point not as a background. So I’m challenging myself to use this in different ways. I stamped it with Memento ink using my trusty Tim Holtz stamping platform. The stamp is large so I want to be sure I get all of it on the cardstock. Nothing worse than missing an area.
After I stamped it I colored it with Polychromos pencils and smoothed out the color with Gamsol. The white dots were added with a white opaque marker by Recollections, I love the chalky look of this marker. A bit of Wink of Stella on the leaves I colored was added. I fussy cut the edge of the stamp and cut it to fit a 5x6.5 card after gluing it to a blue panel. 
I keep a bunch of scraps in a file drawer in my desk so I can try out different background colors, handy to organize by color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment