Friday, July 26, 2019

Coloring SSS Floral Mix Background

I stamped the Simon Says Stamp "Floral Mix Background" stamp on a piece of watercolor paper in a beige ink. I then used several medium types, Polychromos colored pencils, Copic Markers, and Watercolors on the flowers. I tend to color like this, starting with one thing, maybe not having the right shade in marker or pencil, adding something else, or giving a light wash over the whole flower to soften the pencil or marker strokes. Just becareful not to muddy the tip of your expensive Copics.

I have a baggie full of clear sequins, they never look right on a card, they just don't show up. Here I glued a plain sequin on my card. YAWN. So I took some Icicle Stickles and place a small dot in the center of the sequin. Just the right amount of glitter and shine.
It's hard to see in the photo but it looks nice, just a little sparkle.
I'd love to read a comment if you'd like to leave one!

No comments:

Post a Comment