Monday, September 2, 2019

Halloween Lantern

Last Christmas I made a "Mini Lantern Tree Decoration" by Mixedupcraft.com
I love that little lantern and made 3 for a table decoration putting a battery operated votive inside. I thought how cute it'd be to make one for Halloween. I had a spider/web stamp set from years ago when I made party invitations for my then young daughter. I guess it's good to be a hoarder sometimes.

I used washi to tape down the vellum 

Used white ink and iridescent embossing powder

Held it with craft tweezers to heat

The lantern itself is cut and measured by hand, it's not difficult to make after following instructions. I happen to have the orange glitter ribbon from the same Halloween invitations leftover. (from Michaels). The spider I stamped on regular cardstock in black, heat embossed it in clear for shine and sturdiness. I used silver stickles for the spider's thread.

The back left open for the BATTERY votive. Remember it's paper!
Cute, right? If you love interesting boxes, visit Mixedupcraft.com she has amazing papercrafts and great tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment