Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Box with a Display Top




The idea for this came from a box I saw on Mixedupcraft.com (a bug display box) but I wanted it smaller around 3.5"x3.5". So I looked on youtube and found a candy box by Laura's Favorite Things. Believe me, I'd love to give you the instructions but you're better off watching the video.

So, I followed Laura's instructions (I didn't make the divider for candy nor did I reinforce the lid with an extra cut out square) and then added my own special thing, the display: Take a square 3.75" x 3.75" and score at 1/4" all the way around. Cut at one corner at each corner and glue in place to make a thin edge lip. This should fit snugly into the lid with the acetate. I didn't even need to glue it, but a small dab of glue is up to you.
Scored and cut





Glued together, this side up, glue a flower or butterfly here

No comments:

Post a Comment