Saturday, September 14, 2019

Snowflake Wiper Card


This is really a 2 part card story. The main part is that this is a Pop Up Wiper Card. I learned how to do this from Beth's Paper Cuts on YouTube. She explained it very well so I'm not going to try, watch her video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfNRuMxXSZA&t=124s
As you open the card, a arm comes down to show the sentiment.



The 2nd part of this card story is, that I saw a snowflake cover die that was connecting snowflakes, it was very pretty. I really liked it but I'm on a budget and can't buy every die I want. So I made it myself. This is the backside of it so you can see how I attached all the snowflakes to the rectangle frame.

 I have this set of Sizzix Tim Holtz snowflakes.. There are 14 small snowflakes in this set. I die cut a bunch and starting with the larger ones, I started gluing the snowflake edges to the rectangle frame. I used the small ones to fill in. It took a bit of time but I know I wouldn't make more than 1-2 of these cards. I flipped this over and glued it to the blue card front. I think it may be nice to attach a piece of clear window plastic to the front and make it look like a window. Maybe next time.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment