Friday, September 13, 2019

Gift Card Holder

I wanted to make a gift card holder with an interesting topper. You can buy all in one dies like this but I wanted to use what I have, which is this Memory Box "Tree Blossom Circle Frame". It's about 2.5"x 2.5".  I know the basic shape of a gift card holder so using MATH(!) I added up the dimensions.
I scribbled on paper what it basically needs to look like. You need a 5 1/4" by 5 1/2" piece of cardstock. On the 5 1/4" side, score at 1/2". This is to remind you this is the bottom of the holder.
Line up the die at the top of the page, very close to the edges. Partial die cut up to the halfway point of the die.
Here you can see the edge of the die is at 2.5". Score at 2.5" and 5"
Cut the card stock so it looks like this.

I used a ruler and stylus to draw a line where I needed to cut to make the front angle.
Put glue or red tape here.
Glued together...not perfect but the cut to fit printed paper covers the edges. I used markers to color in the flower branch. You can use any shape for the top as long is it is the width of you gift card holder, about 2.5" is best. You can use a circle or a fun edge die.

I hope this is somewhat informative, leave a comment or question.


No comments:

Post a Comment