Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Flora Background

This is the newly released Flora Background stamp...it's so beautiful. I stamped it using Tuxedo Black Memento ink, then restamped it using clear Versamark ink. I covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. I don't like using black embossing powder because then I need to spend a long time trying to brush off stray powder before heat setting it. So I get the look of black embossing without the hassle!

 I used Copic markers Y13, Y19, YR68 to color the yellow/orange flowers. The red flowers are a combo of R24, R29, R46, R89. I just start with the palest shade, color the entire flower. Then I use the next darker shade and color up from the bottom about 3/4 of the way. Lastly, I take the darkest shade and from the bottom do a flicking motion up. I used white cardstock and the background looked too plain so I colored it in with B00 Frost Blue.
I die cut "thankful out several times (I think 4) in just white cardstock and then cut it out of the colored image. I glued these together and topped it with Glossy Accents for shine. I carefully glued it back into the card front image. I probably would have liked it just as you see it above with the orange word, maybe I'll do that the next time.  I drew a few random dots in the blue background using the white chalk marker I had. I had a bunch of topaz colored gem stickers that I added on but didn't get a good photo of.
It looks prettier in person.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment