Saturday, September 7, 2019

Pinkfresh Studio Leafy Envelope

I try hard not to buy a new release on the first day but this is one I couldn't resist. It's Pinkfresh Studios Leafy Envelope. I love the leaves popping out of the envelope, I was going to add some flowers for a bit of color, but in the end I just loved it the way it was. I used a piece of white cardstock and watercolored the leaves. The die cuts an outline of the envelope and leaves so I put all the pieces back in like a puzzle, I wanted it to look like a solid white envelope and green leaves. I used "do what makes your soul shine" from Pinkfresh's "My Favorite Things to Say" sentiment stamp set. I stamped it on the envelope and gold heat embossed it so it would shine.
It looked cute but not enough "shine" for the sentiment, so I tried a few things and in the end I die cut the same die in gold cardstock and glued the outline on top of the first one, and that made all the difference. I glued the envelope to a peachy pink card stock which I cut with a stitch edge die just for a little interest. I matted it on gold cardstock and glued a slightly smaller piece of fun foam underneath to pop it. The floral paper is also Pinkfresh Studio, isn't it pretty? Glued it all to a lilac card.
I have other ideas for this sweet die, maybe for Christmas with some red berries? Or a few orange flowers for Thanksgiving!
Comment if you like this post:)
I'm entering this in PinkFresh Studio's Sept. challenge.



Thanks, Susan

2 comments:

  1. That die was definitely worth getting on release day...and your card using it is amazing! Great job! Thanks for playing along with the September Pinkfresh challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the addition of the gold layer to make it shine! Thanks so much for joining the Pinkfresh Studio September Challenge!

    ReplyDelete