Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Card and Gift Card Box in 1

This is a Box/Card I found on YouTube by MayMay Made It Crafts. Her box is a small square, while cute, I wanted one to fit a gift card and some Hershey Nuggets. So I changed the dimensions. See her video tutorial, it's great.
For the Card/Box:
(1) 3 3/4" x 12" solid green cardstock. Score at 3", 4 1/4", 7 1/4", 8 1/2" and 11 1/2".
(2) 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" solid white cardstock (for outside matt and inside the card)
(1) 2 1/2" x 3 1/4" patterned paper (for outside card, you can cut another one for inside card but I wanted a space to write a message.
(2) 3 1/2" x 1" white cardstock for side matt
(2) 3 1/4" x 3/4" patterned paper for side, glue onto the white.

For the gift card drawer:
(1) 5 1/4" x 6" white HEAVY cardstock. Score at 1 1/8" on all 4 sides
(2) 7/8" x 2 3/4" patterned paper for front and back of drawer (no matt needed)

1 piece of ribbon, 5" maybe a little less

Optional piece is the "All is Calm" print to decorate the front of the card. You can leave it off or stamp whatever you want.
Here I glued all the matts and printed paper. I stamped the sentiment on the white cardstock which when put together will be on the inside of the card. The cover of the card is the far right piece which I will pop up the All is Calm piece.
Here you can see how the box is folded and where the red tape is attached to create a box and card.
This is the white 5 1/4" x 6" piece of cardstock scored and burnished on all 4 sides. Here you can see where I cut up to the horizontal score lines on 2 opposite sides. I took a small notch out of the square piece so when the box is glued together there is no overhang. I also glued the last 2 printed pieces onto the front and back of the drawer.


I punched 2 small holes into the front of the drawer for the ribbon.

Glue the square tabs inside to form a drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment