Thursday, December 5, 2019

Cathedral Arch

I bought the Tim Holtz Etcetera Cathedral Windows, the Idea-ology Christmas word bands, the resin Santa and decorative deer, with no real plan. I also bought this $1 frame, it's really just a piece of wood with a bottom. I was originally thinking about putting a Christmas cookie recipe on it and decorating it but the bottom of the frame was perfect as a ledge.

I first painted the Cathedral window brown and decided to use some scraps of alcohol ink on yupo I had left over but it looked too dark. So I took some white and grey acrylic pant and just quickly painted over the brown. It gave it a rustic, shabby chic look.
Here's the brown window with the snowman and 2 trees. I'm saving the snowman for another project..

I painted the resin Santa with a small brush and acrylic paint. I wiped a little brown alcohol ink over his face to hightlight his features. I saw this idea on stickydots blog. I used white acrylic paint to hightlight the peace on earth wordbank and aged it with some patina paints. The trees I bought as is at Michaels but I cut off the back of the tree so it would sit better. Everything is glued in place with Collage Medium including a little glitter on the ground. That's about it, maybe it needs the little tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment