Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Reindeer

This was one of those dies I cut and just stared at for days. I took the diagonal striped embossing folder and rubbed Color Box Scarlet pigment ink over the raised side and ran it through the BigShot.
I then decided to add more layers to the card because when in doubt, ADD MORE. I cut a large circle in red cardstock and then ran that through the embossing folder, because it needed something. When in doubt, ADD TEXTURE. The reindeer is supposd to just be an outline but after cutting it our of the beautiful Tim Holtz shimmer paper, how could I throw away the pieces? I tied a scrap piece of red ribbon around it's neck.

I then took a scrap piece of vellum and using Encore Ultimate Metallic pigment ink in Silver, I stamped "Peaceful" from the SSS Holiday Greeting 1 stamp set. I heat embossed it with Sterling Silver Stampendous Embossing Powder. I wrapped the vellum around the card and attached it in back. I cut a piece of fun foam a little bit smaller than the card front and popped and glued the whole thing to a piece of metallic silver cardstock I bought at Michaels.

Is it almost Valentine's Day yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment