Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Celebrate!

Sometimes you make a background and things don't work out the way you imagined. But art supplies are expensive, especially when you are talking about Yupo paper and alcohol ink. I watched a video showing how to make wispy alcohol backgrounds with a hairdryer. It worked pretty well until I tried using the Pearl Alcohol inks, they don't seem to move on the paper as well as the regular alcohol inks.
Not a very pretty background, it looks like a pink and purple spider monster. LOL. So I decided the best thing to do with it was to die cut it, making the pieces smaller. I used Simon Says Stamp! "Curly Streamers" dies and cut several pieces.

I then used Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Inks and the Scrapbook.com Ink Blending Tool with Domed Foam Applicators. These blending tools are great, no hard edges and very smooth. I then decided I wanted the background to look like confetti was thrown in the air with the streamers, so I used a spray bottle and sprayed water drops on the paper, and dabbed it with a towel.

I cut the MFT "Celebrate" out of purple glitter fun foam which I bought on clearance at Target a few months ago. An easy way to get a popped up sparkly sentiment. I cut the streamer die cuts into different lengths and placed them on my card. That's it!



No comments:

Post a Comment