Friday, May 29, 2020

Embossing with a Stencil



I took the beautiful Tim Holtz Bouquet stencil and dry embossed it with the Big Shot. You need heavy cardstock that is sprayed with water and a rubbery embossing mat, follow your machines instructions. It raises areas like an embossing foler does. I then took a blending sponge and Distress Ink in Speckled Egg and blended the color over the image. The raised areas get more ink so it looks darker. I also used an embossing pen and applied the Embossing Glaze in the centers of the flowers and heat set it.


I did the same thing here, but instead used Antique Linen Distress Spray and sprayed the cardstock, with a fairly even coat over the entire cardstock. I then dabbed Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink on the stencil, the part facing down, laid it on the sprayed cardstock. I took a baby wipe cut to fit the stencil and laid it on top of the stencil. I then ran it through the Big Shot. This is a Jennifer Mcguire technique, look on her blog for the excellent video on how to do this. The only thing I did differently was dab the Distress Oxide ink on the stencil so the yellow would go in the recessed areas.

Back to the original embossing. Here is what it looks like after going through the Big Shot. The right has nothing on it, just dry embossed. The left one I dabbed the Distress ink pad on the back of the stencil to get some blue in the recessed areas. This is the new Speckled Egg color.





I took a blender and applied ink over the 2 images.

No comments:

Post a Comment