Thursday, July 2, 2020

Sizzix/Tim Holtz Blossom die


Alcohol ink on photo paper. Colors used: Raspberry, Red Pepper and Enchanted (pearl).
Tim Holtz Distress tag sprayed with Distress Oxide in: Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Carved Pumpkin. Tim Holtz/Sizzix Blossom die used to cut the pink photo paper and a piece of black cardstock.

I forgot to take a photo of the original so here I used the leftover pink negative space just to show how I did this. I used the Blossom die to cut both the pink paper and the black paper. Here I left the black die cut paper in the die, so I could easily see where the pieces go. On the right you can see how I took the pieces out of the black paper and place them into the pink negative space.

I sprayed and dried the Distress tag with the shades of yellow and orange Distress Oxide spray. I then took the negative space and glued it onto the tag. It was larger than the tag so after I glued it down I cut the excess off. You can see in the finished photo I left a few areas open so the yellow would peek through. I just glued the pink paper petals onto the black, fitting it like a puzzle. It takes patience but like I always say, I have crafty patience. You could take the leftover pieces of both colors and make another card but I wasn't sure I liked black petals. Hmmmm. Maybe another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment