Friday, July 3, 2020

Alcohol ink on vellum


I used Tim Holtz alcohol ink in: Raspberry, Denim and Villainous (pearl) on white vellum paper. The shades end up much lighter on vellum and I wanted it a little darker so I glued a piece of purple cardstock underneath it, fitting it exactly. I let it dry. I used an anti static bag all over the vellum and used white pigment ink on a Simon Says Stamp called Floral Mix Background and heat embossed it with white powder.
I took some clear jewels and sequins that I found in the $ spot at Target and put them in an empty jar with a few drops of the Raspberry alcohol ink and shook it. Let it dry and you get matching gems and sequins!  (That little strip of purple paper is the scrap from what I used under the vellum.
On the right you can see the original color of the vellum before I added the purple cardstock behind it.

I mounted this on a square card, added the Hello (Pinkfresh Studio die)
I used Gina K Connect Glue to adhere all the sequins and gems.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment