Thursday, November 19, 2020

Hero Arts Slimline Card

 



I love this Hero Arts Fancy die, called Joy Ornament. There are 3 of the ornament dies, the other 2 are Love and Cheer. I wanted all 3 but budget constraints, you know. 

This month’s Hero Arts’ challenge was to make a slimline card, my mind started whirling. It only makes sense to make a slimline card if you need the extra space to tell a story. So mine is a faux shaker card with a leak. The stars are at the bottom of the ornament and then a string of stars are falling out. 

I made an alcohol inked Yupo background using Ranger Blending Solution, and alcohol inks in Tranquil Pearl, Denim and Indigo. I let the inks move as they wish using an air tool, then I like to go back with a blotting tool with felt attached, add a few drops of blending solution and pounce over the inks to leave a textured look. I let it dry and then took Martha Stewart Sterling Glitter paste and Tim Holtz’s star stencil and placed the stars where I wanted.


I used the negative space of the diecut to mask off where I didn’t want to stencil, after it dried off I went removed the mask and stencil the stars trailing down from the ornament. 

In other words, Spread Joy!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment