Sunday, August 29, 2021

Metallic Leaves embossed with Foliage 3D Folder

(On Instagram in April)

I love this technique of embossing metallic cardstock with a 3D embossing folder, then brushing black acrylic paint over the whole thing and wiping some off to highlight the pattern. I saw this on a Tim Holtz Distress Paint demo. I had the idea to die cut the cardstock, I did it a few months ago using insect dies. 
I took a piece of metallic cardstock put it into the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Foliage 3D Folder, ran it through my Big Shot. (This paper is from Michaels) I then took black acrylic paint and a foam brush and quickly covered the cardstock with a thin coat. I took a slightly damp paper towel and lightly rubbed it over the surface, it left paint in the recessed areas. Tim Holtz has a Youtube demo showing this, if I remember correctly the subject is Distress Paint.


I then took the Sizzix/Tim Holtz "Leaf Fragments" dies and just randomly place them on the metallic paper and die cut them. I was able to cut 4 pieces from that embossed card stock.


I had a piece of white Distress Heavy Mixed Media Cardstock and cut a panel 3.5"x 8.5". I then sprayed and dipped it with a mix of colors. I keep these on hand to use as needed, I diecut them or use them for card fronts. This one had Distress inks in Rusty HInge, Vintage Photo, Distress Oxides in Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain, Distress Mica Sprays in Jack O Lantern, Flickering Candle.

I then used the Distress Embossing Dabber and a Splatter Stencil and placed random splatters on the panel and gold embossing powder.. I also embossed a stamp from Stampers Anonymous "Flower Shop" for the text, used the same stamp with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink just to put some wrting in the background.

That's it for today, thank you for reading!

I post nearly everyday on Instagram @susanbcards

 

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea to emboss the die cut leaves. So gorgeous, as is the bugs card from summer. xx, Autumn

    ReplyDelete