Friday, August 6, 2021

Sizzix/Tim Holtz Impresslit Butterfly


 What can you say about this beautiful Sizzix Tim Holtz Impresslit Butterfly that hasn't been already said?  I just love that the Impresslits emboss and cut in one swoop. I used Tim Holtz Distress Mixed Media Heavystock in white to cut out the butterflies. I smooshed and dipped small pieces of this paper into the Distress ink and Oxides, let it dry and then cut the Impresslits. I did go back and ink some of the areas again where I thought it needed it after cutting. I then ran a clear embossing pad over the raised areas and poured some gold embossing powder over the butterflies. Using a paint brush, I brushed some of the powder away just to give it a vintage feel.

The panel is by Pinkfresh Studios, it's a slimline die called "Slim braided circles panel". I blending some ink behind it to hightlight the butterflies.


I'm entering this into "Shimmering Summer Fun" challenge at the Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog. My first time entering this challenge.  Check it out here:


http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.com/


UPDATE: I WON! 


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous butterflies! Absolutely love the shimmer on their wings! Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! ~Janna DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful slimline card!! I love the metallic highlights on the butterflies! Thank you for joining us in The Funkie Junkie boutique challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I'm happy to see you won the Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge! You have totally sold me on this Impresslit. I've been out of the crafty loop for a while, and hope this is still available at TFJ!

    ReplyDelete