Monday, December 6, 2021

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Tim Holtz Santa!



I am so honored to have been asked to be a guest in the Designer Spotlight for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Thank you to the Blog Team!


This week's challenge is "Santa" using Tim Holtz products but you can use whatever you have! A randomly chosen winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp. (You can enter up to 5x AND get a bunch of cards done.)

Be sure to use #sssmchallenge on Instagram!


For my home decor project I used:
Wood wreath painted with black acrylic paint
Chunky glitter

Steps:

The small wood wreath is from the floral section for around $1, I painted it black.
I sprayed the Distress MM Heavystock paper in shades of green and another in reds.

The paper on the right is regular 110 lb cardstock, the right is the Distress MM Heavystock, using the same color sprays. I'm showing this so you know why I like to use the Distress MM Heavystock for sprays. 

I had a scrap of silver glitter cardstock that I applied black alcohol ink onto with some rubbing alcohol to move it. I used this for the sentiment, belt buckle, shoe highlights and the center of the poinsettia.

I diecut all the other pieces, using plain cardstock for the white, black, grey and brown areas on Santa. I applied a little glue and chunky glitter on the greenery.

For the center of the wreath, I traced the wreath and hand cut it. I smooshed some Walnut Stain Distress ink on a mat and dragged the paper through it, drying, then dipping the paper for age spots.

 I then inked the Winter Watercolor stamps and lightly sprayed them with water to get a loose, watercolor effect.

I have a plate holder to display it but you can easily attach a small hook or a lovely piece of ribbon to the back and hang it.

It seems like a lot of steps but I always have pieces of inked paper ready to go or scraps I saved from other projects (like the glitter paper). I also end up diecutting more than I need of the flowers or greenery and save those in the packet with the dies.

I hope you like my project, leave a comment here or on my Instagram @susanbcards. I'll be posting more Santa projects this week! 















5 comments:

  1. What a delightful make, Susan! I love all the beautiful detail you've added into this. Have a great week! Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous decoration Susan :-) Santa is fabulous and I love the background and floral arrangement. The whole design is absolutely stunning!! LOVE it!! :-)

    Thanks so much for agreeing to be in the spotlight!! XXX
    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lols! It's a great honor to be in the spotlight with the DT, all of whom I admire!

      Delete
  3. I saw this on the Simon Says Stamp blog and I had to come see what you used for the circle - wooden wreath from the floral section!! SO creative - I love it :)

    ReplyDelete