Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Snowflake Card with Warm Distress Oxide Colors




I rarely know what card will be well liked on Instagram, this is one of those cards. Maybe it's the colors or maybe I just hit the Instagram algorithm correctly but this one was liked and had some questions about how I made it. I didn't take photos as I was making it so I just remade a few of the main elements here (I used a different embossing folder in the pics but I'll list the original folder here.)

Here's a photo of the supplies I used: 
Distress Oxide Inks in Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon
Simon Says Stamp "Snowflake Visions" embossing folder
Simon Says Stamp "Harmony Snowflakes" (used only the large one)
Poppystamps "Seed Snowflake Outline" (it's an old die)
Darice vellum


I blended the 3 Distress Oxides onto the white cardstock cut to 4.25" x 5.5".

I cut a piece of vellum 6.5" long, which is longer than the cardstock so I could fold it over and attach it to the back after I run it through the Big Shot. (Please note, this is a different embossing folder but same process.) The adhesive shows through the vellum which is why I attach it to the back. The width of the vellum is the same as the cardstock 4.25", there's no adhesive on the sides.







I diecut the snowflakes out 3x each, glued them together for dimension. The larger snowflake has Stickles on it for shine. The smaller snowflake has the Distress Oxide blended onto it. I mounted this panel onto a 4.25" x 5.5" standard card. That way you can't see where I attached the vellum to the back.

That's it! Thanks for looking.

I'm also on Instagram @susanbcards

 

2 comments: