Monday, February 7, 2022

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love is in the Air






I am so honored and excited to have been asked to be a guest in the Designer Spotlight for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Thank you to the Blog Team!




This week's challenge is "Love is in the Air" using Simon Says Stamp products (but you can use whatever you have). A randomly chosen winner will receive a $25 gift card to Simon Says Stamp! You have 1 week to enter the challenge-Go to the blog to read all the details and rules.
A randomly chosen winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp! Good luck!

    

Love is in the Air with Valentine's Day a week away! For my Valentine, I embossed a piece of acetate(4.25" x  5.5") with Simon Says Stamp's "Blossom Field" embossing folder. Next I painted the backside of the acetate, where the leaves and flowers are recessed using a small tipped paintbrush and gold acrylic paint. I painted this with 2 coats so the brushstrokes wouldn't show through.
 


I blended 3 shades of purple Distress Oxide Ink on cardstock, from light to dark in "Victorian Velvet", "Seedless Preserves" and "Villainous Potion" and carefully glued the edges of acetate to the cardstock.
I used gold metallic cardstock and diecut the XOXO from CZ Designs' "Trio of Love", the Simon Says Stamp, "Wreath of Love" and a frame the size of the card panel. I carefully took the heart diecut and embossed it with the same "Blossom Field" folder. I took another piece of cardstock the size of the "Wreath of Love" heart and ink blended this in reverse order, dark to light in the same Distress Oxides and diecut the heart. I glued just the metallic outline of the heart on top of this ink blended heart and glued it onto the acetate. The 2 layers give the heart some dimension. I centered the XOXO in the heart and attached the gold frame. This acetate card front was glued onto a regular 4.25" x 5.5" white card. I used Distress Collage Medium in the bottle to attach the acetate. It works great and dries clear.




Supply list with links to Simon Says Stamp!




Thanks so much for visiting! Please go visit the Simon Says Stamp Blog  and see what the talented designers created and leave a message of love, it is almost Valentine's Day!

Gratefully,
Susan 
Susanbcards @Instagram








4 comments:

  1. How GORGEOUS is this!! I was wondering how you had coloured the design, what a clever idea!! The whole design of this is stunning!!
    Thanks so much for joining us again this month!! So glad to have you back with us!! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lols! I so enjoy the SSS Monday Challenge! I'm so glad to be back!

      Delete
  2. Such a great technique and very elegant outcome! I love this look! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the idea of painting the embossed acetate.

    ReplyDelete