Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Altenew Peruvian Lily

 

I love a challenge, this month's Altewnew Inspiration Challenge has an unusual color combination for me.


I used the beautiful Peruvian Lily layering dies. I had some cardstock in yellow, white and gray but needed to color some for the leaves using Distress Crushed Olive and water. For the background and a layer of the flower I used Distress Shaded Lilac.

I took the Shaded Lilac ink pad and just swiped it across the paper, then misted it with water and moved it with a paintbrush. After dry, I dipped it in more ink for the splatters. It looked like water horizontally, vertically it looked too much like the inspiration photo, it should be inspiration not an exact copy! I wondered what it would look like embossed, so I used the Angled Mosaic folder and ran it through the Big Shot. Wow! I loved it, just the right amount of color variation and the embossing added so much texture. I'll have to remember to do this again.

To finish the card I diecut the Fancy Thanks sentiment , splattered the card with a bit of acrylic paint, attached a few waterdrops and mounted it on a card.


This lily is so beautiful but Altenew makes so many beautiful flower dies and stamps. And of course, they make some of my favorite embossing folders.

Here is a link to their challenge this month: 

https://blog.altenew.com/white-on-white-embossing-card-project/




Thank you for looking! I can be found on Instagram @susanbcards

2 comments: