Thursday, March 24, 2022

Memory Box Challenge: Miss You


I just love this Memory Box Emboss and Cut, called Domed Window, I purchased it at Simon Says Stamp. It embosses the window frame and die cuts the wondow panes in one pass. That way you can insert anything you want into the diecuts like I did. 

I first took a piece of cardstock (about the size of the window) and blended some Distress Oxide inks onto it. Colors used were: Villainous Potion, Prize Ribbon, Broken China, Saltwater Taffy and Ripe Persimmon. I stamped the trees in black ink, splattered a bit of white acrylic and lightly smeared a bit of white pigment ink to look like a starry night. I then diecut the window panes.

I ran a piece of gray cardstock through with the Domed Window and it embossed the window frame onto the paper and diecut the panes again. I wanted the frame to be white, so I embossed a piece of white cardstock and fussy cut the frame out and glued it over the gray frame. 

I then inserted the window panes into the window. I just love this image. It reminds me of looking out the window seeing the sunset and missing someone very dear.

This is for the Memory Box Challenge, Miss You/Thinking of You for the month of March 2022.

Thank you for looking. I can also be found on Instagram @susanbcards


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic scene you created for the inside of that window. Absolutely dreamy!

    ReplyDelete