Sunday, April 3, 2022

Momenta Dimensional Floral Dies Build a Bouquet #2157691

Hello! Today I'm sharing a dimensional card I made using Momenta Products, perfect for Easter or Mother's Day or anyone who loves flowers.

I am now a Brand Ambassador for Momenta! Their products are well made and reasonably priced.  This set can be found at Hobby Lobby.




I made all these flowers using this set, you can change the look by changing the way you attach the petals. The peach rose in the center is made using colored copier paper and omitting the stamen, instead making a small tube using the small petals and loosely attaching additional petals.

It's easiest to adhere these using hot glue because it's quick dry. If you use regular glue you have to hold it in place for a few seconds and then you end up with glue on your fingers. I used to make flowers like this but much larger for display windows at a store I worked at, so I have this down.

These are the pieces used to make a flower. I diecut the large and small petals 2x, the large circle once, and the stamen once. Colored printer paper weight is the best, the kind people use to print flyers. Here I used 65 lb cardstock but it's harder to shape the petals. The circle is the base, I always use a piece of scrap cardstock in a close shade, once the petals are glued on, you can't really see it.




I shaped the petals by lightly rolling the petal around a pencil.



 



 
Fold up the tabs at the bottom of the petal, a dab of glue to attach the tabs together to keep the petal shape. Another dab of glue under the tab to attach it to the circle.

Attach the larger petals to the outer edge of the circle first, then attach smaller ones in the center. It doesn't have to be perfect, it looks more natural if they are slightly off anyway.

Glue the white stamen in the center.








The outside packaging of the Momenta Dies #2157691. I always cut magnetic sheets to organize my die sets (not included), here are the 10 pieces included in the set.



If you're interested in making the envelope card (using an envelope punch board), you can find it on mixedupcraft.com 

The beautiful printed paper I used to decorate the card is by Momenta #1381573

That's it for today!

I'll be back soon to share more ideas, I can also be found on Instagram @Susanbcards where I post several times a week.










No comments:

Post a Comment