Hello, thanks for visiting! Today I'm sharing a card using some Tim Holtz products to create a Halloween scene. You can see the Tim Holtz Halloween Sizzix products HERE. I have a video tutorial on YouTube for this card, you can see it below:
I go through all the steps for creating the card in the video but I'll list what I did here. I first created an inky background using Mixed Media cardstock and Distress Mica Stain Sprays. The sprays were running low so I just place some on my media mat and pulled the paper through the inks. I dipped and dried in between layers. After it dried, I cut a square larger than the square I cut out of the panel as I explain below. I also cut out the pieces for the moon from this inked paper.
I took a piece of A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") of 110 lb black cardstock and using a square die, cut the center out. I then embossed it with the Cobwebs embossing folder. To give the webs a shine, I ran a black ink pad over it and poured black embossing powder on it, then heated it.
I lined up the inked square and glued it to a black A2 card front, placing it so it could be seen once the black panel is laid on top.
I took some black fun foam (mine are sheets from Michaels) and cut and adhered some strips to fit around the cut out square.This will pop up the panel. I then glued it to a black A2 size card.
I cut out the house (2x), tree (2x) and bats from the Ghost Town dieset from the same black cardstock. I glued the 2 houses and the 2 trees together for dimension. I cut the small spider from the Vault Laboratory set. I cut it from a scrap of shiny black cardstock but you could also use regular black cardstock and heat emboss it to make it shiny. I cut the spider 2 more times from plain black cardstock and glued them together to give it lot of dimesion.
I attached all the diecut pieces onto my card, some on the inked piece, some to the black panel. It gives it so much interest and dimension.
Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my links, it really helps and encourages me to continue providing creative content.
Ghost Town
---- https://tidd.ly/4AedjSP [Scrapbookcom]
---- https://tidd.ly/4dAJUbA [Simon Says Stamp]---- https://tidd.ly/3TvrPoD [Sizzix]
Vault Laboratory
---- https://tidd.ly/4AjKOTV [Scrapbookcom]
---- https://tidd.ly/3Vdfnua [Simon Says Stamp]
---- https://tidd.ly/3UR8u1E [Sizzix]
Cobweb Embossing Folder
---- https://tidd.ly/3URYO6Z [Scrapbookcom]
---- https://tidd.ly/4hoXbq6 [Simon Says Stamp]
---- https://tidd.ly/46sOSn0 [Sizzix]
Mixed Media Paper White
Distress Mica Stain Spray Set
---- https://tidd.ly/4gPJpwC [Simon Says Stamp]
Distress Mica Stain Flickering Candle
---- https://tidd.ly/3SL7awJ [Simon Says Stamp]
Distress Mica Stain Spray Jack-O-Lantern
---- https://tidd.ly/3T3u8iE [Scrapbookcom]
---- https://tidd.ly/46sFhwu [Simon Says Stamp]
Tonic Craft Mat
---- https://tidd.ly/4r7II56 [Scrapbookcom]
---- https://tidd.ly/4rarWT3 [Simon Says Stamp]
Distress Sprayer
---- https://tidd.ly/4iX90oI [Scrapbookcom]
---- https://tidd.ly/4yvrJw6 [Simon Says Stamp]
Heat Tool (get the correct voltage for your country)
---- https://tidd.ly/4cKV2T1 [Scrapbookcom]
---- https://tidd.ly/3UUEpy7 [Simon Says Stamp]
Distress Archival Mini Pads
---- https://tidd.ly/4A4dfoy [Simon Says Stamp]
Reverse Tweezers
---- https://tidd.ly/3VUZ7ey [Scrapbookcom]
Artis Glue
---- https://tidd.ly/4tifzEN [Scrapbookcom]
Thank you for visiting!

No comments:
Post a Comment