Monday, April 11, 2022

Spring Tim Holtz/ Sizzix Paper Village


I made a winter scene (12/13/21 blog post) and always had in my head that I'd create a scene for Spring/Summer where the flowers are blooming.

I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Paper Village house dies and trimmed down the depth of the house as it stuck out too far from the card. If you want to see how I did that, I have instructions on the 12/13 blog post.

For this card, I used the Flower Field die for behind the house, colored in Saltwater Taffy and 
Scattered Straw. The background of the card is in Salvaged Patina, such a pretty soft shade.

The flowers are from a number of Tim Holtz/Sizzix sets: Funky Foliage, Tattered Florals and Garden Greens. I really like to scene build with dies, I have a box full of inked papers and scraps to diecut.

The sentiment is from Tiny Text by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.

The panel is mounted on a 6x6" card.



This is the original winter scene.


I'm entering this in Funkie Junkie's Blog Challenge "April Showers Bring May Flowers"

Here's the link to the challenge:



 

8 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! I love how you used the flowers in the background (I just bought that die) and then have flowers in the fore front. I am going to pin this because I so want to make a card with flowers like this. I also think it's brilliant that you were able to use a 3-d house on your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me gasp with surprise!
    Seriously!!
    I’m working on something very similar that I’ve had on my desk since January & those little houses have been in my mind ever since I got that #2 TH die set in December. You’ve beaten me to the punch, yet, your direction went where it hadn’t occurred to me: that snow scene!!
    I must favor the flowers, though, since I’m definitely a ‘warm seasons only’ type.
    But those flowers took my breath away- such a STUNNING & FABULOUS idea!!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful make on The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love both of your scenes! I think I like the winter best; so cozy! But your flowers are stunning! Wish my garden looked like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! The flowers are gorgeous and I love this garden feel around the tiny paper house. Wonderful make! Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge! Janna FJDT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! They are so awesome! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant background to the adorable house! Love how you layered all the spring flowers into the card! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! I'm so glad you made a spring version. I love the winter version too. Thanks for joining the Funkie Junkie challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan....I love this! Thanks for entering The Funkie Junkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete