Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Momenta Boho Border Dies



It seems like everybody is stitching dies on their cards! Here I used the Momenta Boho Border dies (available at Hobby Lobby). These are simple to stitch, I diecut each border 2x and glued them together, just to make them sturdy while stitching. I used inexpensive embroidery thread (my daughter has tons of this from when she used to make friendship bracelets.)


 I started on the outer edge of each petal, you can knot the thread on the backside, or tape it down or weave it through the other stitches to secure it. Each stitch starts on the outer edge and goes through the center. Simple stitching.
Here is the side view of the completed sewn die. You can see it's a bit puffy, this would be difficult to adhere to a card. So I diecut 2 more of these Boho border dies glued them together and cut out the part that has no stitching.
I'm attaching these so I can build up this area to match the thread area. You could also use small pop dots, or just put glue on the thread to attach it to the card. I just thought it was easier to apply glue to cardstock than to thread.

The top border is the frontside, the bottom border shows the backside.

I put the cardfront onto my stamping platform BEFORE I attached the borders. I wanated a sentiment to peek between the borders, so I placed the borders down, then placed the stamp, carefully took the borders off and then closed the stamping platform door to accurately place it. I inked it and stamped it, and then glued the 2 borders down. Lastly I attached a few pretty gem stones on the borders.

I like to diecut these borders and stitch them while watching a movie or sports so I can craft while sitting with my family.








Thanks for looking! I'm on Instagram @susanbcards where I post several times a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment