Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Guest Designer!

Hello! Today I am a Guest Designer on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog for the current challenge, "Sunday in the Park"! I won the challenge for "April Showers Bring May Flowers". If you'd like to see that entry, I posted it on my blog on April 11.


For "Sunday in the Park", I thought of the large park near my house where "No Dogs Allowed" signs greet you at every entry point. Of course my dogs pull to go in there but we just walk the perimeter.That's okay, they like walking around it too.    
I cut the Tim Holtz "Gate Keeper" die 3x in black cardstock and glued them together, added a bit of gilding wax to a few areas. I chose this Paper doll, exactly what I had in mind.



I have a shoe box filled with paper I inked, ready to be used. This one is a mix of Distress and Distress Oxides in shades of browns.

I rubbed a mini Distress ink pad in Black Soot over the full size "Cobblestone" 3D embossing folder.and ran it through the Big Shot. The ink highlighted the texture. I sprayed Distress Resist Spray over it to give it some shine.

I started to lay out the image, the sky is another piece of Distress watercolor paper from my stash, I used Distress Paint on this one in Speckled Egg, Picket Fence.



I wanted the cobblestone to look like a path, so I traced a dinner plate and salad plate to create the curve and cut it out with scissors.
I diecut the Tattered Florals and Funky Florals from inked scraps. I gave them dimension with the Tim Holtz Shaping Kit. 

I ended up using a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Vignette Tray because it gave it a great 3D effect. I placed the road so that it looks like it leads out of the tray. The gate frames the boy and dog. Doesn't it look like he's a bit miffed that "No Dogs Allowed"?

That's about it, I hope you go visit the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog and check out what the talented designers created and enter your version of  "Sunday in the Park". You could be the next guest designer or win the $25 gc drawing. 

Thank you to the Funkie Junkie design team for asking me to guest design! It's always fun to be challenged.

I'm on Instagram @susanbcards where I post several times a week.

Thanks for looking!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment