Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Envelope Liner and Notecard using Momenta Stamps #2160489




 




This is a standard A2 envelope for a 4.25" x 5" card (so it's slightly larger to easily fit the card). I took a piece of cardstock and cut it in half length wise, it'll be 4.25" x 11". (see photo, it fits into the envelope).
I trimmed the paper to 4.25" x 2.5", you don't really need the liner to fit all the way to the bottom of the envelope since you can't see it. 

I stamped the paper near the top with the Momenta envelope flap stamp (available at Hobby Lobby) in Pine Needles Distress ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I randomly ink blended the flap with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress inks, fading it out near the edges. I think this is a nice way to color the flap without having to color all the leaves seperately. 




Using my envelope as a template, I penciled in an outline of the flap shape and cut it out with my scissors. I placed it inside the envelope, positioning the peak of the flap liner below the envelope adhesive.






After lining it up, close the envelope to make a fold line on the liner. Pull it out and using a bone folder, make a sharp crease. Place it back into the envelope (under the glue line) and adhere the liner above the fold line (DON'T put adhesive below the fold line, the liner needs to be able to move when opening and closing the envelope.) 

Easy right? It's a very nice touch to a card or invitation. Wouldn't it be so nice to give someone thank you notes with matching cards and envelopes? You can also use up some of that patterned paper stash for envelope liners.

All the stamps used for these cards and envelopes are by Momenta #2160489, available at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate it. I post on IG @susanbcards quite often, so visit me there!










No comments:

Post a Comment