Monday, September 7, 2026

Owl Be There Spellbinders September 2026 Small Die of the Month!

 


This is such a great image. It's the Spellbinders September Small Die of the Month, Owl Be There. Every month I'm shocked at how big of a set the Small Die is, especially at the club price of $17.50! If you wait until the following month, the price goes up quite a bit to $27. You can join and quit at any time.
You can learn more about the Spellbinders Clubs and the benefits of membership by clicking HERE.

For the background, I used watercolor paper and wet the paper before applying the watercolors. I have an old Altenew watercolor pan set that I've had for several years. I applied several coats of blue for the sky and green for the grass, just adding color and letting it dry between layers. I used several shades until it was very dark.

For the owl, I used white cardstock for the head and added a bit of light gray watercolor to the other pieces. I used Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink to ink blend the edges.

For the leaves, I took a piece of black mixed media cardstock and applied Lunar Paste to it (colors listed below in my supply list), using several different colors with a Ranger Mini Blending Tool. I apply a thin layer to the sponge tool and swirl it around. I wipe off the paste onto a paper towel when I change colors. When I'm done, I rinse off the sponge tip in the sink and the sponge stays soft and reusable. If you let it dry, it'll be hard and won't work well.

After the paste has thoroughly dried, it can be diecut easily. The leaves have a pretty metallic shine. Everything else is cut from scraps.

I think the key to this card is the color variation. Letting the paint or ink look uneven give it a mixed media, handmade look.

Here's the cards I made using the die kits this month. There's also the Stitched Scarecrow card I posted the other day. I love these images.



That's it for now, thanks for visiting!

Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you and Spellbinders will continue to send me product to use and share samples. I recently stopped receiving any of the new releases except for the Club Kits since I have had very few people using my links to make purchases. 

Here's the September All-Clubs Crate Bonus Items, the fox dieset, turkey dieset and the 10-pack of paper.

            ----  https://tinyurl.com/b6jdue49  [Spellbinders]


                                    Small Die of the Month

----  https://tinyurl.com/2hd97nuh  [Spellbinders]

Large Die of the Month
----  https://tinyurl.com/2ayrr2yt  [Spellbinders]

Stitching Die of the Month

----  https://tinyurl.com/2rff66vy  [Spellbinders]


Press + Foil Plate (includes Rose Gold (pink) foil)
----  https://tinyurl.com/3w577dtz  [Spellbinders]

3D Embossing Folder
----  https://tinyurl.com/ecp9dt38  [Spellbinders]

Embossing Folder of the Month
----  https://tinyurl.com/45eak2nm  [Spellbinders]

Stencil of the Month
----  https://tinyurl.com/bdcw3syt  [Spellbinders]

Clear Stamp & Die of the Month
----  https://tinyurl.com/4dzs5upj  [Spellbinders]

Watercolor Cardstock
-----  https://tidd.ly/4seMxVr   [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4dPws4W  Simon Says Stamp]

Altenew Watercolors (not an affiliate link)

Lunar Pastes (Refined Copper, Prom Queen, Slippery When Wet, Weeping Willow
-----  https://tidd.ly/3UsEVTT  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4qLuS8k  [Simon Says Stamp]

----  http://shrsl.com/4q3nt  [Simon Says Stamp]
----  http://shrsl.com/4q3nv  [Scrapbookcom]

----  http://shrsl.com/4tw90  [Scrapbookcom]

Click on the images below to go directly to these stores:







Thank you for visiting!
I can also be found on
Instagram @Susanbcards



                                                          

      


                                      


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment