Monday, May 30, 2022

Spellbinders Sunflower and Ladybugs dieset



 I've admired these Spellbinder's Sunflower and Ladybug dies for a while. I watched the Susan Tierney Cockburn YouTube video on how to assemble these realistic flowers. The most time consuming part is the center of the flower, all those little pieces are glued one at a time. It isn't the most fun part about making this flower but it really adds to the overall die. I just watch something as I glue the pieces in the center. 

The cutout background was on my desk for a few days, an extra from another card I made. Often I have extras on my desk that end up being used just because I want to clean up my desk. I wanted some color behind the diecut, so I went to my box of already inked panels and tried 3 I thought would work. It's often hard for me to decide what looks best, so I photograph all 3 and then look at the pics on my Ipad. I don't know why I find this useful, but it is. Here are the 3 photos I took:




For the sentiment, I chose a stamp from an old Hero Arts set and used a banner diecut on it.

Time Out Challenges #214 is a Word Prompt which inspired me to look for a sentiment that went with this sunny card.
We are challenging you to be inspired at Time Out by a quote from Steve Martin!
"A day without sunshine is, you know, night." 

Here is the link to the challenge 





2 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so bright and happy, and the little ladybug hiding out is adorable. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your sunflowers just lighted up my screen... beautiful! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete