Monday, May 30, 2022

Gel Plate with Distress Oxides and Diecuts

Lately I've been experimenting with my Gelli Arts Gel Plate and Distress Oxide inks. It's a simple way to blend inks, sometimes I do this because inking a piece of cardstock with a blending tool can take so long. I just drag the ink pad directly onto the gel plate and then use a brayer to smooth out the ink and blend the colors. I use a traditional Speedball soft brayer with a small Tim Holtz brayer. The 2 brayers combined fit the length of the gel plate, so I don't have to clean off the brayer to blend the entire panel.

Here are the 3 colors I placed on the gel plate. To the right are the diecuts I used, by Momenta, called Lemon Layers, available at Hobby Lobby.


This is a video I made for Instagram and Tik Tok showing how I used the gel plate.

I diecut these 2 dies 3x out of 110 lb. cardstock and glued them together. I pressed these onto the gel plate, which removes ink from the plate. I did this in a pattern, having some of the diecute going off the plate.



The diecuts get muddy from pressing the ink into all the colors, so either discard them or save for another printing session. I diecut a new set of the lemon slice to use on the card.

Thanks for visiting! I'm on Instagram @susanbcards where I post several times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment