Monday, September 5, 2022

Sizzix Halloween Treat Toppers!


I'm honored to have been asked to participate in Sizzix's Halloween Spooktacular Takeover Week!
I made these Halloween Toppers and attached them to handmade bags. The bag template came from a free sample box from Target. I ripped apart the box and measured it, perfect for these treat toppers.


Here's what is included in the topper set. In addition to the topper die, theres a ghost, bat, wand, 2 stars/flash and Boo! Hocus Pocus! and Trick or Treat. The sentiments can be used on cards too. I'll post some cards on Instagram this week.

 

I used some printed 12x12" Halloween Paper, I bought it by the sheet at Hobby Lobby, I think it was on sale for around 40 cents each. 

I cut it down to 8.5 x 11.5"  (note it's 11.5 not 11). Score at 1/2",       4 1/2", 6 1/8" and 10" on the long side (11.5" side). 

Turn the paper to the short side (8.5") and score at 1 1/2" and 6 3/4". Fold at all the score lines. It should look like this:




Cut along the score lines so your paper looks like this:

Apply glue or red tape to the 1/2" tab to connect the box at the side..




Glue the bottom of the box like this: I use a ruler to press the tabs together from the inside, since my hand won't fit.


Here's the flap, it folds over the front. Fill with treats, pinch the sides to help it close. You can glue the flap down or clip it.


If you'd like to see how I made the toppers, I posted a Reel on Instagram @susanbcards

Here's the link for Sizzix Chapter 3!








You can get 10% off ALL Chapter 3 (includes Tim Holtz Chap 3!) using the discount code SUSAN10 at the Sizzix site here.





No comments:

Post a Comment