Friday, March 31, 2023

Brutus Monroe Magical Shattered Glass Decofoil Transfer Sheets



The irridescent shine on this is amazing, I hope you can see it here or on the attached video.
I used the Brutus Monroe Sanctuary Stencil with Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet and Villianous Potion. For me Distress Oxides have a creamy texture that make blending easier.

You could stop here and have a beautiful card but I recently saw Christopher Alan's (Brutus Monroe) Facebook Live where he showed this technique. It's rare that I drop everything and buy a product but the Magical Shattered Glass Transfer Foil is gorgeous!  You need the Brutus Monroe Finishing Glaze to make it stick. You can also use the Finishing Glaze alone and it will leave a shiny surface.

I used a palette knife to apply it, leave a thin coat. You must dry this completely. I let it dry overnight on the counter. After it's completely dry, I put one sheet of the Foil Transfer on top, put it between a folded sheet of copy paper and ran it through a laminator. I think you can also use the Heidi Swap Minc, but I don't have one of those. Peel off the sheet and voila!


 The irridescent shine on this is so amazing, I hope you can see the video.





Here are some clickable links to the products I used. The DecoFoils Transfer Sheets come in a variety of colors, so check them out, no point in just making one. LOL
I appreciate you using my links, I get a small commission with no additional cost to you!

The Brutus Monroe on line store:



(This sells out often but is restocked)
Finishing Glaze leaves a shine or used with a laminator will make the Foil Transfer sheets stick
My favorite blending inks, creamy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment