Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Altenew Red Crowned Crane


The Altenew Red Crowned Crane dieset is one of those sets I think can be easily overlooked, what a mistake that would be. This card is so special, it looks like framed wall art. In fact, my mother had a silk screen panel with a similar feel, which is what I based this card on. In reality, I went to my sister's house and looked at it and realized it wasn't cranes at all. Not sure what I was remembering. LOL.


Anyway, it's pretty easy to put these birds together, you don't really even need different colors of cardstock for each layer, I think it's more about the dimension each layer creates. 

The cranes were cut from different scraps of metallic cardstock, one glittery layer and the rest shades of gold. I keep all my scraps in  hanging folders in my desk, arranged by color so I can easily use them. Handy for diecutting and less wasteful. 

There is a guide included with the dieset, it shows which dies go to 1 of 2 cranes. I took a sharpie and marked on the back which goes with which. 


The background panel is matte silver cardstock I bought at Michaels. I cut a piece to A2 size (4.25x5.5") and lined it up in an 3D embossing folder called "Ribbon Waves". Every 3D embossing folder should be used with metallic cardstock at least once, IMO. Simple elegance.

I cut a small circle using metallic paper and the Sizzix framelits die, but any small circle die will do.

Thats it! Pretty easy and no inks or paints!



Here is a link to the Altenew store, I'm an affiliate which means I get a very small commission if you purchase anything, I pay for the product myself, so you know I really like it.







This is the Sizzix circle set I purchased from Scrapbook.com 





 




Thanks for looking! I'm on Instagram @Susanbcards

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I realize scraps were used to create this gorgeous creative work of art. Silver cardstock was from Michael's. Which Gold cardstocks were used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, serene card. Love this!

    ReplyDelete