Monday, August 24, 2026

Spellbinders City Halloween

 

I loved this background I made so much I had to cut down the image to show off more of it! The apartment building is Spellbinders City Holiday Dieset, they have made add-ons to take it from Christmas to all year long. I used the Halloween add-on set for my card today. 

I made an alcohol inked background on Yupo paper. Yupo is a plastic paper that can take alcohol and allow it to move around when you use Isopropyl alcohol or blending solution. I added a bunch of colors of Ranger alcohol ink in yellow, orange, red, a bit of purple at the bottom and added just a few drops of black around the edges. I then took a tiny spray bottle filled with the Isopropyl and sprayed it lightly. It added the spatters. It was so pretty but when I went to add the apartment building to my 5x7 inch card, it covered most of the background. So I chopped off the top floor. 

Next I took tiny brick embossing folder and rubbed a white pigment ink pad over the inside. It added the white to the brick outline. Do this before attaching the window, doors and roof piece or everything will look like brick!

I diecut the windows and inked them with Distress Oxide inks in Mustard Seed and Ripe Persimmon. I took the window sill pieces and boarded up the doors, took some white pigment ink and blended the door a bit to hightlight the boards.

Aren't the Halloween City pieces fun? I took one of the windows and cut it from grey cardstock added a bit of shading and it looks like a tombstone. Everything else is cut from scraps.

Supplies are listed below with direct links to the stores that carry them. If you use my link to make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for using my links, it really helps and encourages me to continue providing creative content.

Halloween City Add-On Set
----  https://tinyurl.com/z8jx96fd  [Spellbinders]

Holiday City Apartment
----  https://tinyurl.com/ddtyhhwh  [Spellbinders]
----  http://shrsl.com/4xkqs  [Scrapbookcom]
----  http://shrsl.com/4xkqt  [Simon Says Stamp]



Brick Embossing Folder
----  https://tinyurl.com/4e9hatma  [Spellbinders]


5x7 Yupo Paper
----  https://tidd.ly/4g5n6CW  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4gzd9fX  [Simon Says Stamp]


----  https://tidd.ly/4yjuBwf  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4iwADEK  [Simon Says Stamp]

Mini Misting Bottle
----  https://tidd.ly/49Ks0S1  [Scrapbookcom]
----  https://tidd.ly/4y4AVHL  [Simon Says Stamp]

Click on the images below to go directly to these stores:




Thanks for visiting! I can also be found on
Instagram @Susanbcards











No comments:

Post a Comment