Friday, March 24, 2023

Spellbinders Small Die Club-March 2023




I just love this Spellbinders Small Die of the Month for March! Here's what is included in the set:

For the card on the right, everything (except the sentiment) is cut 2x to fit an A2 card.
For the card on the left, I didn't use the lace piece, just the butterflies and flowers. For the white background I used the 3D embossing folder for February which sold out at the time but is now available to purchase without joining the club! It is a favorite of mine, I used it quite a bit, you can see those cards on my Instagram account @Susanbcards if you're interested. The 3D club folder has sold out every month this year. If you haven't joined and are interested, Spellbinder's opens the current month's offerings on the 6th of the month, you can join and quit at any time. Find the details here.

I saw CZdesigns YT video where she used this kit and I really liked the ink blending she did, so I did something similar, and I changed some of the colors. Hers has a much softer look, I went for brights and black.

Here's how I blended the colors, I used 2 colors of yellow combined. I made the stripes thin so I could fit all 3 shades on each butterfly wing. I diecut and popped all the wings with foam.

I used the leftovers to cut the flowers, the green stems and leaves are just colored cardstock. I'm always happy to use up scraps!

That's it, pretty easy.




These are available at the Spellbinders site, click on the image to take you to that page or here for the Spellbinders store.



These are the Distress Oxide Ink colors available at Scrapbook.com


Click on any of these photos to take you to the store.







If you click on any of these links, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. This helps me pay for products to continue posting on Instagram and here on my blog.


Thank you so much for looking, I read all the comments and appreciate it!


Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment