Monday, May 6, 2024

Spellbinders Stitiching Die of May 2024

 


The Spellbinders Stitching Die of the Month Club for May 2024 is the pineapple! Pineapples are the symbol of hospitality and warm welcome. You can easily find housewares and wrought iron fences with a pineapple on them. Plus they're from Hawaii which is always a good thing. 

This die will be available from May 6-27 at the club price. If there are any left, they will be available on June 10, at a slightly higher price. There are benefits to joining a Spellbinders Club, you receive a discount on other Spellbinders products as long as you are a member, you also get to buy new releases before non-members will. Click here for Club details, you can quit at any time! That will include the new Spellbinders "Scout" diecutting machine. I have a feeling the lavendar color will sell out first! Check it out here.

If you love it all, you can buy the entire Deluxe Caboodle and you get a bonus item that isn't available for individual purchase!

This set is very easy to put together. The body of the pineapple is 2 pieces. The stitching die sits underneath. I cut it from gold metallic cardstock and stitched it with DMC Variegated Floss. The skein of thread has an ombre look to it, a variation of color throughout, which is why it looks like I used several shades of yellow. I didn't separate the thread this time, I used all 6 strands, sewing a straight stitch from the petals inward. After I finished stitching, I attached some Pinkfresh yellow gems to the centers with some glue.

The top layer of the pineapple is mustard cardstock, I used some light brown ink to shade the bottom. The leaves are 4 pieces, I used some Rustic Wilderness Distress ink on the leaves. The leaves were cut from vatious shades of scrap green cardstock, I slightly offset a few of the layers to make the pineapple crown look fuller.

The flower is from an older set, Spellbinders "Daffodil/Narcisssus and Antique Vase." One of my IG friends sent it to me. It's only available in a set of Susan Tierney-Cockburn's flowers on the Spellbinders site, I'll link it here.

The background is Distress Watercolor Cardstock that I painted with Distress Paints in Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover and Peacock Feathers. This is the kind of background I love, just a bunch of random brushstrokes in layers. I have a YouTube video on how I make these backgrounds.

Here are the supplies I used with links to stores. Thank you for using my links, it lets these companies and me know that you find this content useful.

after June 10 it will be available as a regular die, if available, here


----  http://shrsl.com/4inky  [Spellbinders]


                                    Pinkfresh Studios Jewels
----  http://shrsl.com/4inm0  [Scrapbookcom]
----  http://shrsl.com/4inmg  [Simon Says Stamp]



----  http://shrsl.com/4inn9  [Spellbinders]


Thanks for looking! If you do use one of my links to make a purchase, let me know. You can message me on Instagram with your address and I'll send you a card!

Instagram @Susanbcards














No comments:

Post a Comment