Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Sizzix Synchronized Swimmers at the Olympics!

 


Catherine Pooler has designed a collection for Sizzix, I received the Synchronized Swimmers. The name made me think of the Olympics, which start this July. So I decided to make them in a pool but rather than synchronized, they are racing. You can see the entire Catherine Pooler collection here, there are really cute sun umbrellas!

I had a background in my never ending stash, it's glimmer paper with Ranger alcohol ink poured on it. I wish you could see the sparkle, it's so pretty. Sorry, I'm not sure of the colors I used or even where the paper came from. But I do know most glitter paper takes alcohol pretty well.

The diecuts are pretty cute, you can dress them like paper dolls. Did you know before I had kids I was a athletic apparel buyer for a store? Kinda funny to dress these up. I just cut the swimsuits in red white and blue, then cut the stripes from the white suits so they would fit where I wanted them to go. 

I had a jar full of mini stars from a Tim Holtz die, Falling Stars, it cuts a background of stars, all different sizes (you can see it below in the Supplies section). I once cut it from multi colored glitter cardstock. Rather than throw them away, I kept them because, you know, maybe someday I'll have a need for a ton of mini stars. Well, today I used 5.

The Olympic rings are actually the letter O, cut from Tim Holtz's die, "Bold Text 1". I just cut a slit so that I could join them together, then hid the slit behind the next O. I'm nothing if not resourceful.



A reverse tweezer comes in handy to glue and attach these mini stars.


                                           Use different colored scraps for skin color.

It's so hard to photograph sparkle! The sentiment is included in the stamp set. The die is from Sizzix's Vintage Tags and Banners.


Supplies used with clickable links. Using these links lets me know that you find this content useful and should continue. 

                                       Sizzix Synchronized Swimmer Dies                                 

-----  http://shrsl.com/4iq3u  [Scrapbookcom]



----  http://shrsl.com/4iq3u  [Scrapbookcom]




----  http://shrsl.com/4iq46  [Scrapbookcom}




----  http://shrsl.com/4iq47  [Scrapbookcom]


If shopping at Scrapbookcom, be sure to check out their coupon section!


Most products are available at Simon Says Stamp!




Thank you for looking! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @Susanbcards






No comments:

Post a Comment