Sunday, May 12, 2024

Spellbinders Timeless Collection - Mirror, Mirror

 


The new Spellbinders "Timeless" Collection is an elegant selection of dies, sentiments and butterflies, that work with many basic items from your supplies.

For my project, I wanted to use the sentiment "Here's to beautiful beginnings and happy ever afters" from the "Timeless Sentiments" Press Plates, look at how pretty the font is, a mix of script and type. Rather than inking them and using them as letterpress, I decided to Glimmer Hot Foil the sentiment in silver. Doesn't it look elegant in silver foil? The words reminded me of a fairy tale, which inspired the design of my card, mirror, mirror... 

The deep purple cardstock is Spellbinders. I've been looking for a super dark shade of purple, and this cardstock is heavyweight, foiled great and a deep color, it's called Plum, you can see all the colors available here. I highly recommend the Navy too.
I used the "Timeless Duo" a set of flourish dies that can be used separately or layered together. Paired with the oval frame, it resembled the mirror from Sleeping Beauty, to me. 

The mirror frame is the April Stitching Die of the Month, "Wall Hanging", a Spellbinders exclusive from their clubs but now available for single purchase. 

The butterflies are dimensional stickers, they are sold by color collection. This one is called "Twilight" but check out all the colors here.

I added some flowers, these are "Queen Anne's Lace". I diecut the leaves and attached all the tiny blooms onto it. I used the Sizzix Shaping set to give the dimension by pressing down the center with the stylus on the foam pad.





Supplies used, with clickable direct links to the products. (Using these links let the stores know you find my content inspiring.) 


----  http://shrsl.com/4j2si  [Spellbinders]



----  http://shrsl.com/4j2sj  [Spellbinders]

Twilight Butterflies (link is to all the colors available)

----  http://shrsl.com/4j2sp  [Spellbinders]





----  http://shrsl.com/4j2t0  [Scrapbookcom]

I post several times a week on Instagram @Susanbcards
That's it for today, enjoy!

Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment