Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Spellbinders "Fair Winds" Collection

 


Cardmakers are always looking for masculine card ideas, or cards that could go to either men or women. 

The Spellbinders "Fair Winds" Collection is just the perfect set. Although it's perfect for that boat loving person in your life, it's really a great symbol for so many things. Bon Voyage, New Adventures-retirement, graduation. I also think it would make a great Father's Day card, parenthood is truly rough sailing sometimes.

This wasn't my intended card, I was filming a video for another card, a much more serene scene. I wanted to show all the pieces in the set, I wasn't using the wave. I diecut the waves and just showed it with the sailboat and realized what a great scene it could make on dark cardstock. And no blending was necessary, I wanted the boat to be the star of the show.

The Spellbinders Essential Cardstock is one of my favorites. It's thick and beautiful. I was inspired by Yana Smakula, she often uses very dark colored cardstock on her cards, often Spellbinders cardstock. It's very hard to find a very dark navy, this one really sets the mood. Everything else is diecut from scraps in my stash.

The only inking I did was on the brown part of the boat and a bit on the clouds. I took a Distress mini ink cube (Gathered Twigs) and just lightly ran the edge of the pad over the kraft cardstock to look like wood grain. For the clouds I put a little Hickory Smoke ink on a blending tool and colored a bit of the white clouds to look stormy.


Here's my original serene scene card, very different! More to come on this later.




That's it!


Supplies with clickable direct links to stores. Using my link when you make a purchase provides me a small commission at no extra charge to you. If I've inspired you in any way, this helps me continue providing tutorials and content. Thank you!

If you'd like to see the entire Spellbinders "Fair Winds Collection by Dawn Woleslagle" click HERE.


                                    Spellbinders Set Sail Dies
----  http://shrsl.com/4km1f  [Spellbinders Store]



----  http://shrsl.com/4km1q  [Spellbinders Store}




----  http://shrsl.com/4km1x  [Spellbinders Store]


I can be found on Instagram @Susanbcards 
and YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/@susanbcards





No comments:

Post a Comment